Website Ramkey Communications Inc.
Ramkey Communications is a well-established, Canadian owned and operated business with a proven 20+ year track record. We are experienced Telecommunications Specialists.
Are you a capable, driven, resourceful, organized self-starter who is eager to learn and produce high caliber work and passionate about supporting a dynamic, inclusive and growing company? We would love to hear from you!
Ramkey is currently looking for a permanent, full-time HR Assistant to join our Human Resources Team.
The HR Assistant provides hands on support to our Human Resources Team (HR, Payroll, Health & Safety and Training). The role is integral in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefit package (Extended, Dental, Vision, Life etc.)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-matched Pension Plan
- Access to Training and Development
- Paid Personal Days
- Exemplary Health and Safety record
- Inclusive work environment
- Company Events including charity fundraisers,
- Team appreciation events
- Paid vacation
- Provide administrative support within our HR team (HR, Payroll, Health & Safety and Training)
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by posting jobs, sourcing candidates, assisting in shortlisting, scheduling interviews, administer and score pre-employment tests, performing reference checks, issuing employment contracts, organizing and scheduling orientations, onboarding and updating new hire records etc.
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate personnel data ie. attendance tracking, personal information, leaves, attrition etc.
- As required, assist Supervisors and Managers in performance management procedures
- Assist with compilation and preparation of reports to support HR activity including assisting with documentation of key HR processes and assist to build out our repository of information
- Liaise and support with other departments or functions as assigned
- Assist with maintenance and proof-reading of HR team materials including manuals, reports, correspondence and other documents
- Assist in HR projects, like collection of employee feedback
- Schedule meetings, interviews, events etc. and maintain the team’s calendars
- Perform as back-up for Payroll, processing payroll quarterly and filling in on an as-needed basis (i.e. vacations, emergencies)
- Assist with researching and coordination of training
- Respond to routine internal and external inquiries or requests, redirect calls or distribute correspondence, providing quality, supportive customer service and guidance and timely solutions
- Attend to reception needs: greet visitors, receive deliveries, answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay messages, maintain phone listing
- Monitor relevant government communications for legislation changes
- Request supplies as needed
- Abide by Ramkey’s policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and practices including work safely in accordance with Ramkey’s Health & Safety Policy, procedures, and the Canada Labour Code
- Accomplished in office applications and software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google and HRIS systems as well as willing to learn virtual software tools, and other applications/platforms as required
- Experience with Payroll processing and Sage
- Knowledge of current federal legislation including Canada Labour Code, Employment Equity, Canadian Human Rights Act, Accessible Canada Act
- 2+ years of exposure to Human Resource functions
- Strong customer service experience; forming relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Previous experience in Health and Safety an asset
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or equivalent education and proven experience as an HR Assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position; Co-op placements in HR considered an asset;
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong written, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful, dependable and self-reliant
- Responsive to the requests and needs of others in a timely manner
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and do it well
- Ability to foster and maintain strong working relationships with staff and external contacts
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and manage conflict comfortably and effectively
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills; fluent in English
- Ability to embrace and manage change, and act as a change advocate
- Unquestionable ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
How to apply:
Apply on Indeed or e-mail our HR Coordinator at email@example.com. All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for the position. With HR experience you will understand the importance of a cover letter.
Note: that this is not a remote work position.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Applicants are asked to please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com